Mobile Design Lead
January 2016 – Present
• Versatile client-facing design lead consultant performing in a multitude of roles (depending on the project and client) including mobile/kiosk design lead, UX/UI Designer, or Art Director.
• On needed projects act as a Product Owner delegating work, providing estimations, refining requirements, meeting with project stakeholders, and providing project timelines and estimations of cost
• Create and present design ideas to clients using presentations and interactive prototypes. Active in the discovery process with clients to identify requirements that will improve the product.
• Create and conduct user testing – whether in person, over the phone, or online. Collect results into actionable changes.
• Conceptualize inventive mobile iOS & Android applications + web using user flows, wireframes, use cases, and pixel perfect design.
• Work on a variety of web applications including branded marketing sites, dashboards, complicated interfaces with lots of tabular and filterable data (where UX is needed most a lot of times)
• Help visualize design requirements and simplify applications to increase impact and lower cost
• Create design guidelines & improve designs that will increase conversion and usability.
• Improve iOS & Android mobile and tablet UX & designs that were previously created
• Active in team learning and sharing information between Business Analysts, Delivery Managers, Designers, & Developers.
• Experience designing and conceptualizing applications for wearable and connected devices
• Expert level using software encompassing much of the UX/Designer process: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Xd, InVision, Axure, Omnigraffle
• On a multi-month project for a large insurance company in the healthcare sector – update and improve the impact of a website using refreshed brand guidelines as an interaction designer on a team including a digital strategist, visual designer, ux researcher, and copywrighter. Assisted user testing and created prototypes using Axure.
Burr Ridge, IL
November 2014 – January 2016
• Architect UX/UI for proprietary touch screen interfaces used in large farming machinery.
• Developed software on the cutting edge of the automotive and agricultural industries.
• Translate complex technical requirements into user-centered interfaces and design specifications for a multi-year platform project that is global in scale.
• Own UX/UI projects from start to finish: Create estimates, read & understand complex and changing system specifications, develop and define use cases, create user flows, wireframe, final iterative art mockups in different device sizes, lead approval meetings and get approval from a variety of company areas (including Branding, Marketing, System Engineers, Creative Director,& Developers), write complete interaction documents outlining all parameters and defaults, final asset & spec deliverables.
• Lead multiple projects using new and emerging technologies including Camera & Video, Calibrations, Data Management, Login/User Management.
• Organize & improve global widgets and UI controls.
• Mentor junior UX/UI Designers.
• Create interactive prototypes.
• Design with multi-language use in mind.
• Successfully work remotely while maintaining contact with team members spread out across the globe.
Design Manager – UX/UI Lead
Senior Designer – Mobile Developer Lead (nov 2011 – jan 2013)
November 2011 – November 2014
• Translate complex business requirements & contracts into iOS, Android, and web apps.
• Lead designer for apps, mobile web, internal & external design as well as sales pitches for top-tier clients.
• Create presentation-quality UX/UI user flows for clients’ understanding. Also create in-depth guides for improving UI/UX in a company’s current site.
• Manage the company design and mobile web development team, delegate tasks and create schedules. Improve internal and external design and mobile web development processes.
• Interviewed and help build a team of designers.
• Mentor junior Designers and develop their skills for the company and their career.
• Present designs in client calls and work with many top-tier clients including The North Face, Estee Lauder, Best Buy, Express, bebe, Meijer, Academy Sports, and others.
• Create brand guidelines. Create mobile web and app style guides. Optimize images in several formats for use in apps and mobile websites.
• Developed a deep understanding of the role of design in retail e-commerce.
• Mentor junior developers with code reviews and strategy sessions.
Associate Art Director
Designer, Research & Development (aug 2004 – nov 2009)
Art Assistant (aug 2003 – aug 2004)
Publications International (PIL)
August 2003 – September 2011
• Art Director for books and magazines published internationally.
• Helped develop digital software.
• Served as designer and art director for a wide variety of books including coffee table, educational, puzzle, sports, automotive, photo albums and scrapbooking working with teams consisting of editors, production artists, and acquisitions.
• Researched & developed new products using cutting edge materials while finding cost-effective measures to compete in the marketplace.
• Built prototypes with expert-level craft.
• Responsible for layout, art direction, directing photo shoots, proofing, comping, photo manipulation, templates, 4/c process stationary products and mechanicals.
Junior Graphic Designer
April 2003 – August 2003
• Designed business cards, letterheads, brochures, banners, booklets, and all different types of print design in a small printing agency.
• Color approval and printing of plates for 4 color printing.
• Hands on press work.
• Client service in a fast past, high turnaround environment.
• Created custom designs tailored to a client’s industry suck as banking, cosmetics, and automotive.
Freelance Creative Director
November 2014 – April 2015
• Created and Designed iOS & Android apps
Early Bird Screen Printing Company
• Photoshop and digital imaging.
Sweet Goodness Music
2009 – present
• Designed albums, websites, promotions, posters and business cards
• MAC & PCs (currently use a Macbook Pro with Adobe CC), iOS & Android
• UX: Axure, Omnigraffle, JustinMind, Balsamiq
• Design: Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Sketch, InVision, QuarkXPress
• Motion: AfterEffects, Premiere
• Frameworks: JIRA, Confluence, Polarion, Sharepoint, Lync, Outlook
• Dev: HTML, CSS, Jquery, LESS, WordPress, GIT, STASH (currently design & UX focused rather than dev)
Future Trends in Nuclear Physics Computing: User Interfaces
March 18, 2016
Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
Newport News, VA
B.F.A. Graphic Design
Ball State University, Muncie, IN, 2003, with Honors